Thursday, December 06, 2007

First Times

This year saw me going to a few countries for the first time. It was in Mei 07 that I set foot in Kenya for the first time (for that matter, that was my first visit to the continent). South Africa was just a transit point of a few hours. I was excited before I went there and Kenya was so much different from the others. People walk most of the times. The reason given was because for many ,they are too poor to afford the public transport. No wonder there is hardly any fat people!
On the advice of the Embassy, I didnt venture out in the open like I would normally do when I visited a country because of security reason.
2 days before I left the country, I went to the Nairobi Safari Park, expecting to see thousands of animals. After 3 hours in the safari park looking for animals in the safari van, I only saw 1 hippo in a lake, not moving at all, 8 ostriches, 15 buffaloes, a few zirrafes, a familly of 3 rhinos far far away from the trail, a few antellopes and one whole gang of baboons. THAT WAS IT!
It was one eye opening visit however to Kenya. Kenya made me realised so many things about Malaysia!!!
Will write about those other countries later.

No comments: