Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cherry Blossom

I arrived in Tokyo last sunday morning. On my way to the city from Narita Airport, I noticed blossoming trees of a particular kind. The flowers were pink and white. BTW, the temperature was around 17 C.
I was then informed that those are the sakura trees. They were due to blossom that very weekend. Unfortunately due to the cold spells, the flowers shrunk back. Only a few trees blossomed here and there. Even with those few, it was really a wonderful and beautiful sight. I asked a number of Japanese as to how many colours do these flowers come in. Never got the answer. Some said white and pink. Some said pink and various shades of pink i.e. there is only 1 colour.
To those who dig such event, I was advised that the trees will finally blossom in 2 weeks time. Some people are known to "chase the cherry blossom". I am not into such thing. If it happens , it happens.
Came back home last night.

No comments: