Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Serban and Bikes

I like to believe that I am a good driver. I follow all the signs and regulations. I am always curteous and very observant of my surroundings when driving.
Now this serban and bikes issue to me is something awful to be made an issue by certain quarters. As far as I am concern, when you are on the road, wear the helmets. If you are going to the friday prayers, wear the helmet when you are on the road and wear the serban when you enters the masjid, period!
I guess some of us would comment that let them wear the serban because when they get lanyak and thier head is all smashed up, the serban can be use to cover the head!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ini lagi satu kerja bodoh...the serban is not thick enuff to protect their head, period. They're just wearing serban not becoz they're religious or something (hey, it is not compulsory for muslim men to wear it, right), but probably they just wan an excuse not to wear the helmet.

Malaysian Joe said...

For me.. your life is in your hands. You wanna wear kopiah.. serban or botak.. its your choice...

The problem is, if something happen to you because you wear all those and you DIE... its OK.. the problem is when you do not die.. and becomes a mental vege due to your own arrogance and ignorance, it then becomes the problem of the people.

So wear helmet should not be made mandatory... but there must be a clause, if anything were to happen to you because you fail to adhere by the law, public will not pay for your maintenance.

After all, I have seen pa and ma kapit a 10 yr old boy without helmet on Federal Highway today...

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you've seen a pa and ma kapit one 10 years old boy without helmet on federal highway. I see one ahgong carry 3 kids without helmet almost everyday...one toddler in the basket while two primary kids behind. He do that every morn.I really wonder how he managed to balance the bike. Really salute. The old man so professional.

Yea, i agree... if u din wear helm, u accident, u straight kapoot nvm. The problem is when u dun die...u suffer, other people also nid to suffer to take care of u.

Malaysian Joe said...

aiya.. this warrior dont write often... I enjoyed his writing style.. :)