Monday, June 30, 2008

LONDON, the week of 14-21 June 2008

Went to London during the period. It has been a routine for me to "be" in London, on the average, 3 times a year, at least 2 of those times being a 1 week visit. Touched down on Saturday afternoon and by the time I reached London city, it was around 615 pm. Decided against going for my dinner at the JomMakan Restaurant as I was too tired to go restaurant hunting!. Had an Indian meal somewhere near the Edgware Road.
On Sunday, went to the Trafalgar Square and spent 45 minutes looking for the restaurant. Couldnt find it and I didnt bring the address. I gave up after my legs gave up, my stomach got hungry and my mind went off to things more important than looking for a Malaysian Restaurant.
My recent London trip was another boring trip to london. I have never been a tourist to those places that I go. I have never been to any of the famous landmark of London i.e. the museums, the stadiums, Parliament, Big Ben, the Big Ferris wheel etcetc. I dont know why I have neber been attracted to them. I have never taken the Tour Bus, I have never ...... I have told myself to savour the sight and sound of places that I go many times but it remain just a thought!
The only crazy thing I did once, many many years ago in London was to go to Soho alone (back then Soho was still a sleazy place), hang around at a place, and when I realised it, it was 3 am. I went out of the place that I was in, looked around, there were not many people, those who walked passed me were suspicious looking and BIG , and most stared at me like a lion looking at a lamb! I waited for a taxi, none came, I walked a few hundred metres, finally saw a taxi, took it and went back to my hotel relieved and swore never to be that stupid again.
My next trip is planned for this August to Norway. It will be for a week. Have been there twice if I recall correctly. Not excited but if I go, I go and will try to be a tourist for once.
I arrived in KLIA on Sunday at 530 pm.

MAS food is getting bad, the service is getting bad.

No comments: