Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I and Bukit Mahkota

This morning it was announced that the mother of one of the staffs had passed away yesterday and that the burial will be carried out before noon. The staff`s house is in Bukit Mahkota Bangi.

They gave me the house address and I thought I`d pay the familly my respect so off I went looking for the house, first in Bangi and I was somewhere near UKM.After I asked around I was told that Bukit Mahkota is near Nilai, I headed for the Highway.

After getting lost twice in the area, i found the house but everybody has left for the kubur. I asked a few persons in the housing estate and some claimed they didnt know and some showed me certain direction.

Off I went and got lost again. It was already 1215 pm. I have been on the road looking for the house and the kubur for 1 hour. I finally found a guard house and asked a security guard there and he showed me where to go. I followed his instruction and later I found myelf at a T junction. I took the left turn and went on for 2 km and decided to turn back. I went the other way and finally found myself at the bandar Baru Bangi near the UKM, exactly where I was earlier before I found out that Bukit Mahkota is in Nilai.

1245 pm and I decided that the since whole thing was over by then, I gave up. Had my makan in Bangi and after that headed back to the office.

My Problem? Well I didnt see one sign at all to direct me to the kubur. Come to think of it, this is a similar situation in all kubur that I have been to.

MEMO to me: write to all State Islamic Affairs Dept and tell them to ensure that all kubur have signs to lead visitors to them.

11 comments:

Roses said...

it cant be helped that u couldnt turn up at the ceremony.

not only Kubur.

basically all the road signs are distorted and misleading to a certain degree...

warrior2 said...

yeah, you are right roses.

Dont mind that I get lost if the road sign dont help me to get where I wanted to go (eg an invitation to a something which I didnt want to go in the first palce) as I can use that as an excuse hehe but to pay my last respect, I really want to arrive in time before the burial, all the times.

Come to think of it, I will write something in my blog later to appeal to whoever reads my blog to get the local council or the housing estate to put up proper road signs to all burial grounds for all the races. This act will be our small contribution to our local society

Anonymous said...

Uncle warrior, Rose is right... not only signs lead to Muslim grave are not well put up, but other places too...i get lost while driving most of the time because some of those signboards are kinda 'misleading'.

I'll really feel bad if i were you, not being able to pay my last respect to the dead, but then again, it's not your fault you couldn't reach there in time.

Roses said...

i think most prolly it will take years for them to upgrade the road signs, knowing how efficient our gov could be..

misleading and playing hide and seek signboard. now u see it now u dont~~
i am sure your co-worker will understand u not being able to make it. well, at least u try..

Anonymous said...

Our government efficient? Old grandma doing a gymnastic routine is more efficient than our government.

Roses said...

i was meant that way. in a sarcastic tone..heheheheh

but old grandma doing gymnastic routine?!?! hahahahahaha...

warrior2 said...

Those gymnst, when I see them in action, my imagination runs wild....

Calvin Soo KJ said...

no problem here in kuantan. my boss was asking me why are the sign boards in kuantan so big? my answer....not big lar, kl one small only mah....hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Rose, excuse me abit.. I'm having Olympic fever. LOL.

the girl said...

this country is rife with unusable signboards. and no signboard is just as bad.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!